CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Recycled denim purse


I cut off the legs of an old pair of my daughter's jeans.  My initial cut was a little crooked, so I evened them out.

I then took some scrap red fabric with white stars and sewed right sides together along the edges.  This fabric won't fit perfectly inside the purse because I'm not following a pattern.  The first purse I made, I traced the inside fabric to be about the same shape as the purse.  It also worked just as well.



 Here I flipped the top edge of the fabric under and pinned the lining to the inside of the purse.  Jean material is difficult to work with as you sew over belt loops and the front button area.  I plan on using a ribbon belt that will help draw the eye away from my little imperfections! ;)



As I sewed closed the lining, I made sure to leave an opening so that I could turn the entire purse inside out when the time came.


Then, turning the jean part inside out, I sewed the outside portion closed.

Once everything was right side out, I went back to close the opening in the lining. I then added a ribbon belt and straightened out the bottom.


 I added a strap to finish it off!





1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea!!
    Thank you so much for linking this up with {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
    I hope to see you again tomorrow!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete