CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Glass Block Etching


For today's post, I will be etching a couple of small glass blocks that I picked up at HL for $5 a piece.  (They always are having a 50% off of something!)  A few years ago, students gave glass blocks filled with a string of lights and a bow on top for a Christmas gift.  Clever and different, but I never had the desire to buy blocks and drill my own hole for each.
Now, they sell the blocks in all different sizes with a quarter sized hole already drilled for you; there's even a little cap to close it off!  I thought I would make one for each of my kiddos with their names etched in the front and filled with lights.
The possibilities for these, however, are endless.  There was a free little instruction sheet hanging right next to the blocks filled with ideas...I love that because it starts me thinking!  ...Pictures of final product to follow!

Later....
I should have left the vinyl on the blocks and filled them with items.  I was not very happy with how the etching turned out with the lights.  Oh well...live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment